What are plugins?
Plugins can be used to draw a fractal trees, create charts, generate reports, automatically draw a flow chart and many more.
To understand how Vecta's object model works, and see a detail explanation on how to create plugins, please see the API documentation.
Plugins can be divided into Personal, Team or Public plugins.
Personal plugins are most suitable for scripts that can be used by others but can only be modified by you.
You can control which team to share your personal plugins, where all team members can use or execute your scripts, but not modify them.
Team plugins can be created and modified by any team members with Owner or Edit and share permissions. They are most suitable when creating plugins in a collaborative manner, where other team members can modify and improve on the plugin.
Team plugins can also be shared to other teams, but edit and delete access will still be limited to Owner and Edit and share permissions.
Public plugins can be used by anyone, but modification of the plugin is limited to Owner or Edit and share permissions only, depending on whether the plugin is a personal plugin or a team plugin.
Because of security and privacy issues, public plugins are (currently) limited to those supplied by Vecta, and will be marked by a small Vecta icon to the right bottom of the plugin.
When available to everyone, these public plugins will be vetted to ensure security and privacy.
Accessing and using plugins
To use a plugin:
- Click on the Plugin menu, then select a plugin
Once selected, your plugin will be displayed on the Personal, Team or Public tabs on the left bar.
Running a plugin
To run a plugin:
- Hover over the plugin and click on the Run icon
Automatically running plugins when drawing loads
To automatically run a plugin when the drawing loads:
- Right click on a plugin and select Auto run script
Stopping an automatically run plugin
To stop an automatically run plugin:
- Right click on the plugin in Automatically run plugins and select Stop script
Organizing and closing plugins
Over time, you may have many plugins in your personal or team tabs at the left of your screen, and it may not be relevant to your current work.
For easier organization, you can choose to close a plugin, and move it to the Plugin menu, where you can open them again at any time.
To close a plugin:
- Right click on a plugin, and select Close plugin
Creating a plugin
To create a new plugin:
- Click on the dot menu for personal or team plugins
- Then select New plugin
- Click on the Plugin menu, hover on New plugin .
- Then create a personal or team plugin.
Editing the plugin script
To edit the plugin script:
- Right click on the plugin and select Edit script
Once the code editor is opened, you can write or paste codes.
To save your code:
- Click on the Save button in the code editor
To run your code:
- Click on the Run button in the code editor
Renaming and editing a plugin
To rename or edit a plugin:
- Right click on a plugin and select Edit plugin
Editing plugin icons
To edit a plugin icon:
- Right click on a plugin and select Edit icon
Refreshing a plugin
After editing plugin icons, you will need to Refresh the plugin to see the latest changes.
To refresh a plugin:
- Right click on a plugin and select Refresh
Sharing a plugin to other teams
To share a plugin:
- Right click on the plugin and select Share plugin
On the Share plugin dialog, simply click to select the teams you wanted to share to.