Using version control
Version control is a system that records changes to your drawing over time so that you can revert or recover specific versions as needed.
Save a version
To save or commit a drawing:
- Click on the File menu and then on Name current version
- Key in a name, then click on OK
Vecta also automatically records your changes without the need of performing any save action and it will be labelled with the date and time of the revision.
Reverting drawing version
To revert drawing to a specific version:
- Click on the File menu and then on Version history
- Scroll the right bar on the dialog for the drawing version that you want to revert to.
- Select the desired version and click on Load
- It will overwrite the current content of your drawing
When a revision is selected, the difference between current version and the revision version will be shown. The difference will be greyed out.