Using the color picker
Understanding the color icons arrangement
The image shown above contains 3 sections.
- The top section has most of the common primary colors. Choose the / icon to set your color to none.
- The middle section stores 20 recently used colors. This section persists across drawings, even if you were to close your tab.
- The bottom section contains 24 preset linear gradients.
To show advanced options, click on More >. Read more on how we created our color palette here!
Learn more on our color palette here:
See Video: Anatomy of Vecta Color Palette
You can access more customization options by clicking More > at the top of the color picker dropdown. The customization menu differs between traditional colors and gradients.
- Type in the HEX code for the preferred color, or drag the slider instead.
- You can use HSL or RGB input as well.
- Drag the Transparency slider to tune the color translucency.
- Type in the HEX code for the preferred color for the first and the second stop, or drag the slider to set the color. You can switch the first and second stop colors through the switch icon.
- Use HSL or RGB to set the gradients color.
- Choose between linear or radial gradients by clicking either tabs.
- Drag the Angle slider to modify the angle, or the Transparency slider to tune the gradient's translucency.
You can save custom gradient as well. Once saved, the color will persist even if the drawing is refreshed. If you wish to revert the gradient back to the it's preset gradient, click on the reset icon next to the box.